Spring 2019 Closing Information
As the spring semester winds down we would like to share some very important dates regarding spring closing. We know you will be focusing on your finals and want to provide you with as much information as possible to make your move out, or transition to summer housing as smooth as possible.
Residents of the Classics, CVC and CV2 must be completely checked out no later than Wednesday, May 22nd at 2:00pm. All closing dates and steps were given to you by your RA in your Closing kit.
Residents of the Apartments must be completely checked out no later than Sunday, May 26th at 12:00pm (noon). All closing dates and steps were given to you by your RA in your Closing kit.
Please make sure you do the following:
- You should have attended a mandatory closing floor meeting. See your RA if you have questions.
- Check out the bulletin board on your floor for examples of documents required, cleaning procedures, how to sign up for check out appointments, and how to avoid charges for damages, cleaning and improper checkouts.
- Sign up for a check out appointment. It is required that you sign up for an appointment time. Sign- up sheets are posted on your RA’s door.
Failing to properly clean, or leaving behind trash or unwanted furniture can be expensive for you. We have convenient locations designated for unwanted items and a special donation day coming up. Look for posters in your building.
Keep in mind that residents who fail to check out properly or check out late will be subject to an improper check out fee, in addition to other fees. Detailed lists of common items that residents are charged for can be found below.
Move Out and Closing Information
As you prepare for your move, please review the appropriate building-specific closing information.
Summer 2019 Housing Applications
Summer Housing Information for current SJSU Students and Faculty/Staff is now available! Please click on the links below for more information:
- General Summer Housing Information
- Summer Housing Dates and Payment Information
- Summer Transition for Spring Residents
In order to have your mail forwarded, please follow the instructions below. Mail will only be forwarded for 3 months or for summer only if you are returning in the fall.
- Click here to fill out the Mail Forwarding form.
Notify your family, friends, SJSU departments, bill collectors, and any other businesses you send mail to, or receive mail from, of your new address.
Need a job? Work for UHS!
University Housing Services employs students in a number of different positions throughout the academic year and summer. Click here to learn about what positions we have available and how to apply!
Philo IPTV System
University Housing Services and Information Technology Services have worked together to provide the TV system called Philo. It is available to you now! Log on to Watch.Philo.com to experience the TV system!