Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS)
Below are some of the most frequently asked questions regarding on-campus living. If you don't find the answer you are looking for, please feel free to contact University Housing Services.
- When can I apply for on-campus housing?
- What are the license contract periods?
- Do I have to attend or work at SJSU to live on campus?
- How do I contract for a space in a residence hall or apartment?
- How am I assigned to my room/apartment?
- How quickly should I complete the online housing application?
- As a first-time freshman am I guaranteed housing?
- I haven't been admitted to the university yet; May I still contract to live on campus?
- What if I need to stay in my room/apartment during winter or spring break?
- I already know who I want to live with; how do I make sure that person is my roommate?
- Do I need to sign up for utilities, or internet service?
- What if I need to cancel my License Agreement contract before I move in? Can I get my money back?
- May I have a pet?
- How do I get my mail?
- Where do I park my car?
Petition to Cancel
FAQ's (Payments, Housing Installment Payment Plan, Extensions and Financial Aid)
- When do I send in my payment?
- What is the initial payment amount?
- Initial Housing Payment: I am a Financial Aid Student and cannot afford the initial Housing Payment; may I get a waiver or extension?
- Initial Housing Payment: How do I make the Initial Housing Payment?
- What are the Semester payment due dates?
- When will I get my bill from University Housing Services?
- What happens if I can't pay on time?
- What happens if I can't pay the full amount of the final installment payment?
- Does my Financial Aid pay Housing directly?
- Financial Aid Extensions: I am receiving Financial Aid; may I ask for an extension on my housing payment due dates?
- Important things to remember!
- Scenarios for Financial Aid, Extensions and Payments
- Housing IPP: What is the Housing Installment Payment Plan (IPP) and should I enroll in it?
- Housing IPP: When can I renroll in the Housing Installment Payment Plan (IPP)?
- Housing IPP and Financial Aid: I am receiving Financial Aid, should I enroll in the Housing IPP?