Lock Out Information
If a resident (CVA residents includes other authorized residents such as a roommate, child, spouse or partner) is locked out of his/her room, the resident will be assisted within a time frame that is reasonably possible, but must be prepared to wait for available staff. The Office Assistants and Facilities staff do not have access to individual room/suite/apartment keys.
- If the lockout occurs between 8:00 a.m. and 5:00 p.m. the resident may request help at the UHS Front desk located on the 2nd floor of CVB.
- From 5 p.m. to 7:00 p.m. residents should request help at the West Desk located on the 2nd floor of Joe West Hall.
- Between the hours of 7:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m., the resident may contact the Resident Advisor who is on call in the building in which they live or as otherwise instructed.
- CVA residents may go to the CVA Desk from 5:00pm – 3:00am.
- After 3am, the CVB RA on call should be contacted.
The first lock-out is complimentary; for the subsequent lock-outs, the second will cost $15.00, the third will cost $30.00, and the fourth and subsequent lockouts within the academic year will cost $60.00. Additionally, on the fourth lock-out the incident will be documented and the resident will be referred to the Residential Life Coordinator for judicial action.