Community of Engineering Learning and Living
The Community for Engineering Learning and Living (CELL) is a residential experience program that makes building a peer support network easier for students by housing them together. This program is currently housed in Campus Village C. (Beginning Fall 2017 CELL will be on the 8th floor in Joe West Hall). CELL provides participants the opportunity to immerse themselves in all aspects of engineering student life; get to know their peers, connect with on-campus resources and build connections in the college of engineering early on in their university career.
- Students will gain the knowledge and skills to support their transition into their chosen engineering program of study.
- Students will increase their exposure to and understanding of engineering.
- Students will build a university, college and peer support network.
- Networking opportunities with peers, university personnel and professionals in the field.
- Student success strategies coaching (Study skills, time management, preparing for test...).
- Connection with tutoring and study groups.
- Community-building activities.
IMPORTANT: CELL placement is NOT guaranteed to all eligible applicants. Efforts will be made to give priority to:
- Declared first-year engineering students.
- First completed applicants (application, fees, subsequent information, etc.)