Mar 29–Apr 2
University Housing Services
University Housing Services strives to create a residential community that supports and enhances academic success, fosters the learning and development of our students, and promotes student involvement and civic engagement. As a department, our practices promote efficiency, operational effectiveness and fiscal responsibility.
Need to visit the Housing Office or talk to us without waiting in line? Click here to get in line for us to contact you to stop by.
Live Chat available
from 2pm to 5pm, Monday through Friday. Please go to the Housing website chat button to talk to an agent live during these times.
ChooseYour Housing Space for Next Year!
The Returning Resident Process is Coming! Click the link below for details!
Meal Plan Change Week, February 8 to February 12
If you would like to change or cancel (non-frosh only) your meal plan, please complete a Meal Plan Cancellation, Add, or Change form. The last day to change or cancel your meal plan for the Spring 2021 term is Friday February 12, 2021.
Meal plan change or cancel requests received by UHS during the meal plan change week will be effective as follows:
Meal plan cancellations (non-frosh only): effective Monday, February 15, 2021
Meal plan changes: effective Monday, February 22, 2021
- COVID-19 Testing Information Video (2.17.21)
- Spartan Community Promise (01.22.21)
- COVID-19 Mandatory Testing Dates and Reminders (1.21.21)
- Delayed Start of Face-to-Face Classes; Options for Your Housing Contract (1.13.21)
- Addendum to 2020-2021 Housing License Agreements (12.22.20)
- Winter Break and Spring 2021 Testing Message (12.22.20)
- University Housing Services Residential Community Compact (8.2020)
- Post Holiday Break Required COVID-19 Testing (11.24.2020)
- Thanksgiving Break: Important Recommendations and Reminders (11.12.2020)
- Spring 2021 Housing Application (10.7.2020)
- Addendum to 2020-2021 Housing License Agreements (7.14.2020)
- Message from University Housing Services (7.7.2020)
- Message from University Housing Services (3.2020)
For San Jose State University Updates, please click on the link below:
Spring 2021 Move In Information is Here!
Spring 2021 Housing Application!
Spring 2020 Housing Residents may start applying, 10am, Monday, October 12th.
New Housing Applicants may start applying, 10am, Monday, October 19th.
Although we be accepting applications for Spring 2021, changes in county guidelines may impact the availability of on campus housing at any time. The majority of Spring 2021 classes will be online and the changes in housing policies implemented at the start of Fall 2020 will continue through the Spring 2021 semester. Prior to applying, we encourage you to review the documents at the links below that outline the changes implemented this fall that will continue through the Spring 2021 semester.
To apply for on campus housing for Spring 2021, please complete the following:
- Pay the non-refundable $50 Application Fee
- Complete the Online Application found at the Housing Application Portal
- Pay the Initial Housing Payment
Applications are not considered complete until all steps are completed. Click on the "Housing Application Portal" button to apply.
2021-2022 Student Staff Recruitment
UHS is beginning its recruitment process for the 2021-2022 academic year. The recruitment cycle begins in the Fall for applications and all interviews/decisions are made in the Spring. Click the link below for more information on Resident Advisor (RA) and Office Assistant (OA) roles.
Off Campus Housing Information
For information on off-campus resources please check the links below.
Additional information about off campus Housing can also be found on the campus-wide mobile application. The Sammy App can be downloaded at the link below.
Need a job? Work for UHS!
University Housing Services employs students in a number of different positions throughout the academic year and summer. Click here to learn about what positions we have available and how to apply!